Chicken and Bacon Roll up with Avocado
A delicious wrap that not only tastes great but is great for you!
Write a review
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp Cilantro (diced)
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Whole spelt wraps (we use Rudis organic brand)
- Shredded dark leaf lettuce (enough for 4 wraps)
- Chopped tomato (about 2 small)
- 3 slices of local bacon (fried and diced)
- 1 large chicken breast (we use organic)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- Fry your bacon and set aside to cool
- Chop one chicken breast into cubes and fry it with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper (do not use the bacon grease for frying this up)
- while your chicken is cooking, dice up both your tomato and cilantro and set aside
- Shred your lettuce and set aside in a separate bowl
- Peel avocado and place in med sized mixing bowl
- Add your lime and chopped cilantro to your avocado and mash
- Add your bacon and tomato and stir well Let this rest until your chicken is done.
- When your chicken is done set it aside
- wipe your pan down and add a few drops of olive oil and warm up your burrito shells in the pan
- When your shells are warm add the chicken to the mixture and add to your shells.
- Top with lettuce and roll it up and enjoy!
- This recipe works the best with fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice!
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/