So I got this recipe from a friend but changed it up a bit to our liking and it was awesome! My 9 yr old son’s first word (if it is a word) was MMMM then he said “This is good”. SO with that, It was added to my recipes and will be made again.
Cauliflower (Clean Eating) Chicken Alfredo
This is a whole food/clean eating meal and it even goes over well with the kiddos! Very creamy and lite!
Write a review
- 3 heaping cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken or veggie broth (preferably organic or homemade)
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 12 oz whole wheat fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (preferably grate your own)
- 9 oz of chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Start by adding 3 cups of broth to a skillet or pot
- Add your cauliflower florets to that and let it soak. Turn to med high to get a nice slow boil and let this boil until soft...about 15 min.
- Get a pot ready for boiling your noodles. We took 4 oz out of the 1 lb package and saved it for future use because it would have been too much for the sauce used. Boil pasta per package instructions.
- While pasta boils, add olive oil to fry pan and add your onion and garlic. Let this sweat for a few minutes on med heat.
- Move the onion and garlic to the side of the pan, turn heat up to med high and Add the cut up chicken and fry until browned.
- Mix onions, garlic and chicken together once the chicken is lightly browned and let it fry for about another 2 minutes then set aside in a bowl.
- Your cauliflower should be done at this time so take your cauliflower and broth and dump it into a blender and blend until smooth (we used a Vitamix but a regular blender should work fine).
- Add the cheese and blend again until no lumps appear. Your mixture will be runny and this is OK. It thickens as it sits.
- Once your noodles are done add the sauce and chicken mix to the noodles and stir. Its best to let it sit for about 15 min to thicken up.
- NOTE: You WILL have left overs if you only have a family of three or four. The leftovers taste even better in our opinion. To warm it up, we add just a little mild organic cheddar cheese on top and a little salt and pepper. Warm on 70% power for a min or two, stir and warm for one more min. This makes GREAT left overs!
- You may also want to try tuna in this dish if you don't like chicken. The left overs tasted a lot like the cheesy tuna boxed meal (but better).
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/