Avocado Chicken Wrap w/ Cilantro and Lime
This is my favorite meal of all time. The mix of the avocado, lime, and cilantro are wonderful with the chicken breast!
Write a review
- 1 Chicken Breast 9 oz (cubed)
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic (dice small)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 med Avocado's
- 1 lime (the juice of)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (fresh and diced)
- 1 Roma tomato (diced)
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional) This is great without it too but we loved the tiny kick it gave.
- 1/4 cup raw cut up sweet onion (optional) we love onion so we also added some raw diced onion
- Heat a pan on med high heat with 1 TBS olive oil
- Add Onion and let it sweat for a few min.
- Add garlic and stir for one more min
- Move onion and garlic to side of pan and add your raw chicken cubes
- Fry until browned on both sides. Stir the onion and garlic up into the chicken and stir fry this for another min to mix well still while on the heat.
- Remove from heat
- Scoop out the meat of 3 avocado's and place in a med bowl.
- Juice one lime into the avocado and mash this up with a potato masher
- Add Cilantro and tomato and stir.
- Add your warm chicken and stir this all together.
- In the same pan warm up your tortilla shell on both sides
- Place two scoops of mixture onto your shell and add a little salt and pepper and wrap it up.
- You can also add chopped fried bacon to this but if we do this we will usually omit the salt at the end.
- We also use this same recipe on french bread pieces (open faced) after we put the bread under the broiler for a few minutes. This is FANTASTIC also!
- I am a Cilantro LOVER so if that sounds like too much for you, you can add less.
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/