Oh wow, this is WONDERFUL stuff! It is SO much better then the mayo/miracle whip you get in the jars. See the notes also for how to use just a few tips to get perfect mayo!
Tangy Fluffy White Mayo
Delicious white fluffy Mayo just like you buy at the store with just a hint of tang to it. This makes me feel joyful all over! It's that good! SEE NOTES AT BOTTOM
Write a review
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice (make sure to put in a full 4 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1-1/4 cup LIGHT olive oil (Do NOT use extra virgin...best to use the light)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Throw all into your stick blender cup
- Stick blend for 30 seconds and DONE! It's that easy!
OK so we had TWO batches not work for us and the reasons were these
- 1: We used too much lime juice...stick with what the recipe states!
- 2: We were not thinking and used a COLD egg from the fridge and didn't let it warm to room temp...this is VERY important and your mayo will stay thin if you use a cold egg. We use the ones directly from the hen house before they ever make it to the fridge :D
- Also, you want to keep the stick blender at the bottom for a few seconds before bringing it up to the top to mix everything together. Let it have time to emulsify at the bottom first...a few seconds will work fine!
If your using a regular blender or food processor
- Place egg, lime juice, egg, salt, and 1/4 cup of the olive oil into your bowl or blender
- NOW listen up! Add the remaining oil VERY VERY VERY slowly (as thin of stream as you can get that allows a steady stream). This should take you about 3 full minutes to add the full cup.
- Whatever you do, don't think it's ok to cheat and pour more quickly...it will screw up your mayo!
- If you using a blender, you will hear the pitch change as the liquid starts to form an emulsion. Eventually the substance will start to look like white fluffy mayo, only more beautiful! :D when you start to see this, DON'T think it's ok to just dump the rest of the oil...it's not! Continue to add, slowly, until all is gone. You won't be sorry you did this!
- Once this is all incorporated your done! Should be nice and white and fluffy. Move it to a 2 cup glass container with a seal and it keeps in the fridge for a week.
- One VERY important thing: Make SURE to have all your ingredients at room temp! This is very important to do.
- Also, we have only used our stick blender, so I can't tell you how well the others work for sure. If YOU try it, please leave a comment and let me know!
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/