Delicious Taco soup with added shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream to garnish.
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef (we use grass fed)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic diced
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 8 oz box of Cream Cheese (we use organic)
- 2 (10 oz) cans of rotel (cilantro and lime flavor, mild (we are looking into making our own))
- 1 box (32 oz) of beef broth or stock (we use organic)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (from grass fed cows)
- 1 cup cooked Elbow noodles (optional) do not add these for a low carb version.
- We use a 12 inch cast iron pan (turn burner onto med heat)
- Brown ground beef in a pan that you will be making the soup in.
- Add onions and garlic to beef and continue cooking.
- When beef is browned, add the cumin and chili powder, stir.
- While this is sitting, cut up your cream cheese into cubes and add it to the beef mixture and smash it into the beef.
- Once that is well smashed into the meat, add the Rotel, broth, and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles if desired (after you boil them) and serve!
- After putting the soup into your bowl, add a bit of shredded cheddar cheese and a dallop of sour cream. You won't be sorry you did this!! And for an even more taco tasting soup...add a couple crunched up tortilla chips!
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/