Very Berry Spinach Smoothie
This smoothie is delicious and I promise you, your kids will go crazy for it! We freeze what is left to make "go gurt" type ice cream treats :D
Write a review
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (we use grass milk, which is milk from grass fed cows)
- 2 TBS of heavy cream (we use organic)
- 2 tsp of vanilla (we use organic)
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup or Honey (we use local pure maple syrup)
- 1 container (or one cup) of plain yogurt
- 1.5 cups of mixed frozen berries or frozen fruit of your choice (we use organic)
- 1/2 banana (frozen or fresh)
- one handful of ice
- one huge handful of baby spinach leaves (we use organic triple washed)
- Add to blender in the order listed in the list above. Blend starting on low and moving to high speed for one min or until smooth. Enjoy! If this is too thick you can add 1/2 cup extra milk...or even water if you don't want to add those calories to it. We enjoy the thickness of it, that way we can enjoy it slowly without it getting to warm.
- Whatever you do, don't skip the cream! With that added it really gives it a smooth consistency. This is three to four servings (8 oz glasses) so it's not bad per serving. And well worth it! It also helps keep you full. I stay full all morning until lunch time...no need for a mid morning snack.
- We use a Vitamix blender but this should be ok in any blender type...you just may have some seeds from the berries left over in the smoothie. Just blend a little longer if need be.
- We have this for breakfast every morning and my 10 yr old son LOVES it. And he's a very picky eater.
Our Journey Into Whole Foods* http://www.wholefoodsjourney.com/